Reviewing the games, it's what I like to do

Posted by DiZ, the Chocolate G.O.A.T. Friday, February 6, 2009

Especially when I have a decent bit of cash on me. When the recession hit I had the theory that the game industry would be one of few that didn't really suffer too visibly. I'm not one to brag, but for the most part I'm right. The game industry didn't suffer because of recession to the degree that I think it should have (no disrespect) but because we, the consumers, have suffered because of it. Seriously, I'm a 19 year old college sophomore with a heavy love of video games (Chun-Li will forever by my first love) and a less accessible love for money. The point of that paragraph: I'm broke. Recently I came into a few hundred bucks, however, and I reserved Street Fighter 4, Collector's Edition. At this point I ask that you do NOT bring up my obsession for Street Fighter, because it scares me too.

I should have done this site a long time ago, but I have a hard time keeping up with what I need to do. At one point I succeeded, but now it's lost. Because of my deep love for video games I have become something of an unofficial reviewer, trying my damn hardest to follow in the footsteps of such greats as... er... well, I don't know. But I have something to prove.

So this is the first post of continuing posts. I'm using this one to establish some basic facts about me, DiZ, whose real name is Christopher Lamb.

1) My favorite video game franchise is undoubtedly Street Fighter. Grand Theft Auto comes in second, with Final Fantasy taking third, creeping up to GTA more and more. We'll see how that plays out when XIII hits the US.

2) Enjoyment and quality do NOT always go hand in hand in my opinion. You can enjoy a sub par game and you can detest a great game. I wish I could think of an example right now but I'm afraid that I cannot.

3) I am never biased about a game when I am reviewing, but I retain my opinions of certain companies, franchises, and whatnot before hand. Example: I hate EA Sports. I hate Uwe Boll. Most importantly I hate Uwe Boll, because he's making a mockery of the profession I want to go into.

4) If you like what you see then drop a comment or two. I love traffic, it gives me a method of measuring my internet worth.

And that's it! Welcome to Electronic Underworld, where things are reviewed, mostly games. Peace!

0 comments

Post a Comment